Linguamatics is the world leader in deploying innovative natural language processing (NLP)-based text mining for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support. Linguamatics I2E is used by top commercial, academic and government organizations, including nine of the top ten global pharmaceutical companies. I2E can be used to mine a wide variety of text resources, such as scientific literature, patents, clinical trials data, news feeds and proprietary content. It is available as an in-house enterprise system, a managed service and software-as-a-service (SaaS) on the cloud.
Typical applications in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, healthcare, government and other sectors include:
- Mapping gene-disease relationships and identifying potentially novel therapeutic targets
- Biomarker discovery
- Drug repurposing
- Drug safety
- Patent analysis
- Clinical trial site selection and study design
- Mining electronic medical records to improve prediction of health outcomes
- Translational medicine
- Competitive intelligence
- Social media mining
- Sentiment analysis
Linguamatics’ flagship I2E technology combines four key capabilities to enable users to rapidly extract relevant facts and relationships from large document collections:
- Natural language processing (NLP): using linguistics to quickly interpret the meaning of unstructured text sources.
- Search engine approach: where users can define and refine ad hoc queries interactively, returning results in real time.
- Intuitive reporting: presenting extracted information with drill-down to supporting evidence.
- Domain knowledge plug-in: providing enhanced semantic search capabilities using domain knowledge such as taxonomies, thesauri and ontologies.
I2E features a client-server architecture built using industry-standard Java and C++ for use by single users, project teams, or in enterprise-wide deployments. Organizations have full control over source content to be mined, definition of queries and results output.
Find out more about Linguamatics NLP based technology