Clinical Trials: Supporting Key Decision Making with Text Mining
||Sarah McQuay, Senior Application Specialist
||To be announced, please contact us for a recorded version of this webinar
||45 minutes including Q&A
Using the ClinicalTrials.gov data set as an example, this webinar will demonstrate how I2E's powerful and agile text mining capabilities can be used to extract relevant information about clinical trials to support decision making.
ClinicalTrials.gov is a respected source of information about federally and privately supported clinical trials. This webinar looks at how to go beyond the conventional search approach to extract more precise facts and relationships.
During the clinical trials phase of drug development some of the key aims are to:
- Create a shortlist of existing clinical trial sites from which to select the most appropriate site for a new trial
- Monitor the status or progress of known competitors
In this webinar you will learn...
- How I2E can be configured to extract assertions and relationships from ClinicalTrials.gov
- How key questions can be turned into queries to mine information from ClinicalTrials.gov
- About the terminologies supplied to allow more powerful and relevant queries
- How I2E can be used to link data from ClinicalTrials.gov with published literature from MEDLINE
- How to formulate your own questions around:
- Study design
- Site selection
Who should attend?
This webinar demonstrates some uses of I2E with data downloaded from the ClinicalTrials.gov website for those working in the following areas:
- Informaticians, Information Professionals, Researchers, Managers
- Pharma, Biotech and related industries
- Responsibility for:
- Therapeutic Areas
- Target ID/Validation
- Biomarker Discovery
- Systems Biology
- Translational Medicine
- Competitive Intelligence
If you are interested in other webinars that Linguamatics have presented, there is now an archive of Previous Webinars available.