Dates: Monday October 7 – Wednesday October 9, 2013
Venue: Hyatt Regency Newport, 1 Goat Island, Newport, RI, USA, 02840
The 2013 meeting took place on October 7th to 9th in the beautiful and historic city of Newport, Rhode Island, at the Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa.
The hotel is surrounded by Narragansett Bay, next to the famous Newport marina and boasts extensive grounds and facilities including a swimming pool, Stillwater Spa and close proximity to the famous Newport National Golf Club.
Kevin Fickenscher - President & CEO AMIA (American Medical Informatics Association)
Confirmed industry speakers
- Aparna Agrawal, Roche
Finding Researchers Using Text Mining
- Meiping Chang, Merck
Developing Timely Alerts & Insights for Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) by a Text Mining Pipeline
- Matt Crawford, Pfizer
Eating the Whole Enchilada: Text Mining with the Unified Medical Language System Vocabularies
- Sherri Matis, AstraZeneca
History of Text Mining for Safety at AstraZeneca
- Jonathan Hartmann, Georgetown University Medical Center
Using I2E on Clinical Rounds to Improve Patient Care
- Samir Courdy, University of Utah, Huntsman Cancer Institute
Making Sense of Surgical Pathology and Radiology Reports and Physicians’ Notes using I2E
- Cory Brouwer, UNC Charlotte
Advancing Human Nutrition and Disease Prevention Through the Application of Text Mining and Next Generation Sequencing
- Madhusudan Natarajan, Shire
From Trials to Targets: Text Mining All Along the Pipeline
- Michael Chang, City of Hope
Translational Research Applications of NLP
- Peng Zhang, Regeneron
Text Mining for Knockout Mice and Phenotypes
The Summit included:
- Customer presentations featuring best practice, case studies and insights on practical approaches to text mining and knowledge discovery
- Presentations covering what's new in I2E, looking ahead at developments in the pipeline and future directions for text mining and knowledge discovery
- Round table discussions covering important topics and challenges in the field of text mining and knowledge discovery
- Opportunities to network with peers and with Linguamatics experts
- Hands-on workshops, giving new and experienced users the opportunity to explore the full capabilities of I2E, and discuss best practice in consultation with Linguamatics experts
- Evening social events
- Parallel tracks on Wednesday morning
- Partner presentations and exhibits - confirmed so far: Cambridge Semantics, ChemAxon, Copyright Clearance Center and Accelrys
back to top
Agenda - Download the program overview
Monday October 7, 2013
12.00 - 5.30pm approx: Half-day Workshops
Track A: Introduction to querying with I2E
This hands-on workshop is aimed at new or potential users of I2E or occasional users who would like a refresher course on querying with I2E. It will include structured tutorial material for users to work through.
Track B: Querying clinic for I2E users including I2E 4.1 for 4.0 users and overview of content and resources
Intermediate to advanced level, hands-on workshop designed for existing I2E users. The workshop will include an interactive Q&A session where users will have the opportunity to discuss particular problem solving approaches with Linguamatics experts, get an overview of what’s new in the latest version of I2E, and learn more about different content types and query resources.
6.00pm - 7.30pm approx: Evening Reception in the Rose Island Room
Tuesday October 8, 2013
8.30am - 5.00pm approx: Text Mining Summit Main Sessions
The main sessions feature customer presentations, case studies covering a range of application areas, Linguamatics technology updates, round table discussions, plus plenty of opportunities for informal networking with the Linguamatics community and access to Linguamatics technology and application experts. These will continue on Wednesday morning
6.45pm - 9.30pm approx: Evening dinner at the beautiful Mooring Restaurant heated sunset patio overlooking Narrangansett Bay
Wednesday October 9, 2013
8.45am - 12.00pm approx: Morning sessions - continuation of main sessions
1.00pm - 5.00pm approx: Workshops
Track A: Indexes, Linguistic Wildcards, and Ontologies followed by Querying Hints and Tips
Hands-on workshop designed for those who have some experience with I2E or who have completed the “Introduction to querying with I2E” training and would like a better understanding about the indexing process and more querying ideas.
Track B: Healthcare tutorial
Hands-on workshop designed for those who have some experience with I2E or who have completed the “Introduction to querying with I2E” and would like to delve into healthcare specific content.
Track C: Introduction to I2E Administration followed by an overview of Web Services API (WSAPI) including hands-on session.
This session will be split into two parts, the first covering configuration and management of the I2E system, for example building indexes, and the second part covering integration and automation via the Web Services API (WSAPI).
Who should attend?
- New and experienced users of Linguamatics and other text mining software
- Any professionals interested in the mining and analysis of textual information
For partner rates and exhibiting opportunities, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org