Dates: Monday October 13 – Wednesday October 15, 2015
Venue: Hyatt Regency Newport, 1 Goat Island, Newport, RI, USA, 02840
More details on the agenda, speakers and workshops to be announced soon.
The Text Mining Summit 2014 was a huge success; read about it on our blog.
Agenda, Speaker Profiles and Presentation Abstracts
Our industry speakers were:
- Mark Burfoot, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
Text mining and knowledge strategy in an evolving pharmaceutical landscape
- Mick Correll, Genospace
Clinical trial matching for precision medicine reporting
- Jonathan Hartmann, Georgetown University Medical Center
Using I2E to improve patient care: A year in review
- Ryan Owens, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Gaining critical information for clinical trials using NLP
- Elzbieta Skrzypek, Cell Signalling Technology
Searching scientific literature for a public database - the PhosphoSitePlus case
- Jonathan Keeling, Boehringer Ingelheim
Integration of text mining into the tranSMART knowledge management platform
- Alice Goshorn, Bristol-Myers Squibb
Expanding the use of text mining through smart query web portals
- Abhivyakti Sawarkar, Pfizer
Strategic business insights from medical information data analysis
- Miguel Camargo, Novartis
Opportunities from bulk literature extraction
- Andrew Garrow, Thomson Reuters & Guy Singh, Linguamatics
Showcase: mining Thomson Reuters Cortellis content with I2E OnDemand
- Paul Summers, Microsoft & Paul Milligan, Linguamatics
Semantic Enrichment for Enterprise Search: a pharma R&D case study
Attendees registered for last year and this year's event included representatives from AbbVie, Agios Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cambridge Semantics, Cell Signaling Technology, Copyright Clearance Center, Johnson & Johnson, Gilead, GSK, Lilly, Merck, MUSC, Nordic Cochrane Center, Roche, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare,Sanofi and Thomson Reuters.
The Summit included:
- Customer presentations featuring best practice, case studies and insights on practical approaches to text mining and knowledge discovery
- Presentations covering what's new in I2E, looking ahead at developments in the pipeline and future directions for text mining and knowledge discovery
- Round table discussions covering important topics and challenges in the field of text mining and knowledge discovery
- Opportunities to network with peers and with Linguamatics experts
- Hands-on workshops, giving new and experienced users the opportunity to explore the full capabilities of I2E, and discuss best practice in consultation with Linguamatics experts
- Healthcare track to discuss best practice and use of NLP in healthcare
- Evening social events
- Partner presentations and exhibits
5 Reasons delegates attend the TMS:
1. Gain first-hand knowledge and
experience on how structured and
unstructured content can be mined to
uncover valuable information
2. Gain hands-on experience of NLP
text mining through workshops and
3. Understand the challenges other
pharmaceutical and healthcare professionals are facing and explore
solutions to these challenges
4. Gain a better understanding of NLP
text mining and where it can fit into
5. Network and exchange ideas with peers and text mining experts
“One of the best summits and training sessions I have ever attended. The pioneering NLP efforts, and users responsiveness is unmatched by any other text mining (NLP) vendor. The Linguamatics approach & I2E system is relatively intuitive, easy to manage, powerful and useful.”
"Both workshops were very useful. I enjoyed the interactive format"
"This is such a great meeting, it's so good to hear from other people all the different ways in which they're using I2E"
“I have been going to conferences for 15 years and this one is the best one”
"Congrats on a great user meeting - the talks were quite excellent."
"Very useful conference."
back to top