Use case presentations and training workshops will highlight innovative uses of Linguamatics NLP-based AI technology
Boston - October 9, 2018 - Linguamatics, the leading natural language processing (NLP) text analytics provider, today announced that multiple top-tier biopharma firms and healthcare organizations will share best practices and present a variety of use cases at the upcoming Linguamatics Fall Text Mining Summit. At the October 15-17, 2018 Summit in New Castle, N.H., Linguamatics clients, staff, and other members of the text mining technology community will exchange ideas, network, discuss industry trends, and explore the latest NLP text mining enhancements.
Featured presenters include representatives from Agios Pharmaceuticals, Atrius Health, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Glaxo-SmithKline, Mercy, Novo Nordisk, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, and Secure Exchange Solutions. Use case presentations and training workshops will highlight the wide range of ways organizations are leveraging I2E, Linguamatics’ powerful NLP-based AI technology, to extract actionable insights from the huge amount of unstructured data available in healthcare and the life sciences.
Key use case presentations cover a diverse range of application areas including:
- Use of NLP to generate actionable insights from medical scientific liaison (MSL) reports and other real-world data
- NLP mining of large-scale patient populations for Real World Evidence of outcomes for heart failure patient
- Mining unstructured data in ClinicalTrials.gov to support effective clinical trial design
- Systematic discovery of new therapeutic indications for drug targets through an integrated text mining approach to research and translational bioinformatics search
- Mining literature and clinical trial sources to build a GPCR drug discovery resource for developing novel or improved biologics drugs
- Enhancing identification of clinical care gaps and associated documentation using NLP
- Using text analytics to support risk management and drug safety in biopharma product development
- Streamlining the prior authorization and medical review process to improve US healthcare
- Mining clinical trial information for therapeutic-area trend analysis
“There’s a real buzz about AI, but finding concrete use cases within the life science industry can be hard. We are excited to host such excellent talks, providing clear examples of the AI technology value that NLP text mining brings to solve big industry challenges, from bench to bedside, in our pharma customer base”, said Jane Reed, head of life science at Linguamatics.
“Use of NLP to unlock insights from electronic health records continues to expand rapidly, and I2E is being used in some of the most innovative areas in healthcare today. Leading healthcare organizations such as Mercy and Atrius Health will discuss utilizing Real World Evidence to improve clinical outcomes; streamlining prior authorization and medical review workflows; and identifying clinical care gaps”, said Simon Beaulah, senior director, healthcare at Linguamatics.
For more information, please visit https://www.linguamatics.com/events/linguamatics-text-mining-summit-2018.
Linguamatics transforms unstructured big data into big insights to advance human health and wellbeing. A world leader in deploying innovative natural language processing (NLP)-based text mining for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support, Linguamatics’ solutions are used by top commercial, academic and government organizations, including 18 of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and leading US healthcare organizations.
Linguamatics I2E is used to mine a wide variety of text resources, such as scientific literature, patents, Electronic Health Records (EHRs), clinical trials data, news feeds, social media and proprietary content. I2E can be deployed as an in-house enterprise system, or as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) on the cloud.
Linguamatics Media contact:
Michelle Ronan Noteboom, Sr. Account Director
+ 1 512.426.2870