Application Scientist - NLP Software
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers and US government organisations such as the FDA.
We are now looking for an additional Application Scientist in Cambridge, UK to take an active role in our fast-growing business.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support the sales team throughout the sales cycle in demonstrating the value of the Linguamatics solution to the customer
- Travel both nationally and internationally to customer sites to present the Linguamatics solution and provide training where appropriate
- Support the customer and ensure their success in using the product to gain maximum ROI
- Undertake consulting and project work for customers
- Develop compelling case studies showing how the software can be used to solve real world problems.
- Feed customer requirements back to the product development team and help test new software releases
- Assist with customer deployments
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Life science, biomedical or similar degree, preferably to postgraduate level or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of informatics, information management and/or IT systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good organizational skills, ideally with project management experience.
- A pro-active attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Experience of working with customers, ideally in a pre- or post-sales support role.
- Experience of working on life science or healthcare applications, ideally in a commercial or industrial setting Familiarity with text mining, data science methods, and/or enterprise search.
- Familiarity with biomedical information resources (e.g. ClinicalTrials.gov, PubMed).
This is a challenging and exciting role in a dynamic and growing company with headquarters in the UK and an expanding presence in the US, and an opportunity to work with top organizations in the pharmaceutical, healthcare and other industries.
The RWS Technology & Data Science mission is to deliver world-class and globally scalable technology platforms and analytics applied to complex and large-scale clinical datasets, to support IQVIA's ongoing and rapid growth in RWS Solutions, as well as the development of new product lines - this requires global leadership across technical and data architecture, software development and data visualization, privacy management, analytical methods, data science, machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing (NLP) - building upon 100s of novel technologies and methods either published in peer-reviewed journals or patented by our team.
We are serious about healthcare software. We have a dedicated, collaborative team with meaningful shared goals who can use the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, and the best analytics tools to achieve them. And we have fun on the journey!
We invite you to be part of a recognized global leader willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. You will be in good company, amongst some of the finest minds in Technology and Healthcare.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply online via the IQVIA platform