Application Scientist, Text Analytics Software
Marlborough, 01752, United States
Application Scientist, Text Analytics Software, Marlborough, MA
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry, healthcare, and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers, and US government organizations such as the FDA. We are now looking for another Application Scientist in our US Headquarters in Marlborough, MA to take a key role in our fast-growing business. You will be using an exciting blend of NLP text analytics and data science to solve real world problems and help our customers to improve human health and wellbeing.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support the sales team throughout the sales cycle in demonstrating the value of the Linguamatics solution to the customer.
- Travel nationally to customer sites to present the Linguamatics solutions and provide training where appropriate.
- Support the customer and ensure their success in using the product to gain maximum ROI.
- Undertake consulting and project work for customers.
- Develop compelling case studies showing how the software can be used to solve real world problems within life science and healthcare organizations.
- Feed customer requirements back to the product development team and help test new software releases.
- Assist with customer deployments.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Life science, biomedical or similar degree, preferably to postgraduate level or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of informatics, information management and/or IT systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good organizational skills, ideally with project management experience.
- A pro-active attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Desirable attributes
- Experience of working with customers, ideally in a pre- or post-sales support role.
- Experience of working on life science or healthcare applications, ideally in a commercial or industrial setting Familiarity with text mining, data science methods, and/or enterprise search.
- Familiarity with biomedical information resources (e.g. ClinicalTrials.gov, PubMed).
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity in a growing, customer-focused company. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, world-leading customers, and great people. As a Linguamatics employee you’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. If you think you have the right skills and experience and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and a covering letter (applications without a covering letter will not be considered) to:
Lisa Grzesiak, Linguamatics, an Iqvia Company, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org