Application Scientist - Text Analytics Software
Marlborough, 01752, United States
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Application Scientist – Marlborough, MA
Linguamatics, Real-World Solutions (RWS) Technology
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry, healthcare, and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers, and US government organizations such as the FDA. We are now looking for another Application Specialist in our US Headquarters in Marlborough, MA to take a key role in our fast-growing business. You will be using an exciting blend of NLP text analytics and data science to solve real world problems and help our customers to improve human health and wellbeing.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Lead project management on external customer projects to ensure on-time delivery of projects and project deliverables. This will include tasks such as:
- Scoping project requirements for new projects and work with the consulting teams to translate the requirements into actionable tasks.
- Ensuring projects meet mutually agreed upon success criteria and provides the customer with valuable ROI.
- Working within project teams to deliver high quality consulting and project work.
- Assist with deployments of Linguamatics’ enterprise solutions and provide direction and support for customer onboarding.
- Feed customer requirements back to the product development team and help test new software releases.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Life science, biomedical or similar degree, preferably to postgraduate level or equivalent experience.
- Project management experience with exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A pro-active attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Desirable attributes
- Knowledge of informatics, information management and/or IT systems.
- Experience of working on life science or healthcare applications, ideally in a commercial or industrial setting.
- Familiarity with text mining, data science methods, and/or enterprise search.
- Understanding of enterprise deployment architectures is a plus.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity in a growing, customer-focused company. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, world-leading customers, and great people. As a Linguamatics employee you’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. If you think you have the right skills and experience and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success we’d love to hear from you.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Apply For This Job