Application Scientist, Text Analytics Software, West Coast, USA
West Coast/South West USA, United States
Linguamatics is a leading provider of AI based text analytics solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, healthcare, and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers, and US government organizations such as the FDA. We are now looking for an Application Scientist on the US West Coast/ South West to take a key role in our fast-growing business in this region.
You will be using an exciting blend of NLP text analytics and data science to solve real world problems and help our customers to improve human health and wellbeing.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Support the sales team throughout the sales cycle in demonstrating the value of the Linguamatics solution to the customer.
- Support the customer and ensure their success in using the product to gain maximum ROI.
- Travel regionally and nationally to conferences and customer sites to present the Linguamatics solutions and provide training where appropriate.
- Develop compelling case studies showing how the software can be used to solve real world problems within life science and healthcare organizations.
- Feed customer requirements back to the product development team and help test new software releases.
- Manage customer deployments and software support.
- Undertake consulting and project work for customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of text mining, NLP and other AI techniques, and/or enterprise search.
- 5+ years’ working with customers (internal or external), ideally in a pre- or post-sales support and/or training role.
- Medical, life science, or similar degree, preferably to postgraduate level.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Good organizational skills, ideally with project management experience.
- A pro-active attitude and ability to work in an international team.
- Experience with some of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of informatics, information management and/or IT systems
- Machine learning and other advanced analytics tools
- Data visualization frameworks such as Tableau or Spotfire
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity in a growing, customer-focused company with an established presence in the US. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, world-leading customers, and great people. As a Linguamatics employee you’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. If you think you have the right skills and experience and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and a covering letter (applications without a covering letter will not be considered) to:
Lisa Grzesiak: email@example.com