Application Support Specialist (Life Science Software)
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
This is an opportunity to make a difference in a high growth company with leading edge technology that has a positive impact on people’s lives. At Linguamatics, you’ll be working with sophisticated semantic search and text mining software products used in the world’s leading life science and healthcare organizations. Our innovative software, based on artificial intelligence and natural language processing, has received several accolades, and Linguamatics has recently been named as one of 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management.
We are looking for a talented Application Support Specialist with strong technical and customer facing skills to take a primary role in our customer support and professional services operations, covering the US and Europe.
As the new Application Support Specialist at Linguamatics, you will join a highly experienced team and will start your own journey towards becoming a subject matter expert on our cutting-edge Natural Language Processing product line. You will use your excellent communication skills, proactive attitude and expertise to enable researchers to use the power of our products to advance scientific knowledge.
Your primary responsibility will be to respond to our customers' requests using our support tracking system. You will also be called upon as an internal subject matter expert to provide your insight to other teams, join customer calls and advise on system sizing, architecture, installation and configuration, optimization and performance.
In this role you will be in a privileged position to understand the needs of our customers, think strategically and help to plan and deliver implementation of solutions using our award-winning NLP engine while integrating our products with existing platforms or workflows.
You will be organized, decisive, efficient and practical. You will have a knack for identifying patterns, enjoy solving puzzles and be passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
- Be the first line of contact with customers and ensure end-to-end case resolution of support tickets, engaging with other teams where necessary
- Solve application and technical problems, helping customers, partners, and Linguamatics staff to get the most out of our software
- Carry out independent research to find technical solutions to reported issues
- Where a solution cannot be identified, work closely with other teams to report bugs, escalate as appropriate or find suitable workarounds
- Work with the professional services and sales teams to size, define architecture implementation plans and execute enterprise level software deployments
- Integrate Linguamatics products with 3rd party software in customer implementations, coding scripts where necessary
- Development of technical support resources, such as self-help and knowledge base articles
- Assistance with customer installations and maintenance, both on premise and in the Cloud
- Contribute to product improvement, particularly with knowledge learnt from customer interactions
- Participation in on-call Rota, to ensure continuous service to customers in Europe and US
- Experience working within a customer facing technical team or environment up to 3rd line
- Track record implementing reliable, complex, secure, high performance and scalable solutions from development to production
- Proficiency configuring and administering Linux and/or Windows Servers in Physical, Virtual or Cloud platforms (AWS)
- Pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to drive things forward on your own
- Passion for troubleshooting complex software issues and resolving customer issues
- Ability to learn quickly and apply recently acquired knowledge
- Attention to detail and the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Experience mentoring or training others
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in a numerate discipline or equivalent commercial experience
What skills and knowledge will make you the ideal candidate:
- Authentication systems (LDAP, AD, SSO)
- SSL and PKI
- Configuration management tools (E.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- System architecture and sizing
- Web server and proxy configuration
- Understanding of common file formats for data processing
- Ideally at least 1 programming language, preferably Python or Java
- REST APIs and use of SDKs
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
This is a challenging and exciting position in a growing, customer-focused UK company with an established presence in the US and Europe, and an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology and great people. As a Linguamatics employee you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success, please send your CV with a covering letter stating your motivation by email to:
Linguamatics, 324 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WG, UK