C++ Software Developer
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, is looking for a C++ Software Developer to join the team and develop our flagship product, I2E, which provides agile, high performance enterprise text mining, and enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text.
Life at Linguamatics is demanding and exciting. We work on problems that matter in life science and healthcare, interacting with sophisticated decision makers and using leading edge technologies, such as natural language processing and big data.
We can consider junior, mid and senior candidates – with challenges to suit each level of experience, you will be working alongside some of the most experienced, talented and intelligent people in the area, and you will have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To thrive in this role, you will have or work towards having:
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills in C++
- Commercial experience with the software development lifecycle including: requirements definition, specification capture, software architecture/design, program development, associated documentation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Experience with typical industry tools including: standard libraries and frameworks, interactive development environments, software version control, build systems, automated testing frameworks, and bug tracking systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active, problem-solving attitude
- The ability to work in a close-knit, highly intelligent team
- Good degree or postgraduate qualification from a top university in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
Bonus points for having:
- Cross platform development experience on Linux and Windows
- Experience of one or more of the following: application servers, database internals, data visualization, distributed systems, document processing, content repositories, full-text search, grid computing, information retrieval, natural language processing, semantic web, text mining, user interface design, or web services
- Good understanding of modern development techniques and practices, e.g. design patterns, peer review, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
Linguamatics delivers market-leading Natural Language Processing-based AI platform for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support from text. We empower our customers to speed up drug development and improve patient outcomes by breaking down data silos, boosting innovation, enhancing quality, and reducing risk and complexity.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In the RWS group, you'll have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply online via IQVIA