Financial Analyst, Real-World & Analytics Solutions (RWAS) Technology
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, delivers market-leading NLP-based AI solutions for high value knowledge discovery and decision support from text. We empower our customers to speed up the drug development and improve patient outcomes by breaking down data silos, boosting innovation, enhancing quality, and reducing risk and complexity.
You will be supporting the Associate Director, Finance with tasks relating to the Real-World & Analytics Solutions (RWAS) Technology pillar within the RWAS global business unit; an exciting area of growth within our organisation specialising in data science, data analytics and ground-breaking AI products. It will be important to implement processes and controls linked to the monthly forecasting and planning cycles that enable value adding outputs in the form of senior management reporting.
Another key aspect will be the preparation of the forecast and budgets linked to the RWAS Technology sub pillars, and interacting with our key stakeholders.
What a typical day might look like;
- Undertake financial analyses for multiple investments by using a variety of reporting tools to compare actual performance against latest estimates and budgets. Provide management with information of trends, risks and opps and results to enable necessary corrective action. Perform financial analyses by team, investment, GL account level, regional level, as well as a consolidated view of the portfolio
- Perform analysis of monthly expenses creating reporting dashboards, KPIs and validation checks.
- Coordinate all responses from project financial managers on investment lines to explain the variances or changes outside the agreed tolerances. Follow up with the different stakeholders if the explanations provided need further elaboration
- Assist in the development of the quarterly business review presentations for senior leadership
- Assist during meetings with project financial managers to discuss forecast and preliminary budgets. Highlight major concerns relating to forecasts or budget to seek guidance on how to proceed
- Responsible for reviewing month-end entries and maintain general ledger; prepare monthly journal entries to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Maintain detailed understanding of internal customer requirements and develop processes that will meet or exceed these requirements
- Be familiar with, and ensure compliance with, internal financial accounting procedures and policies.
- Ensure all financial and accounting records are thoroughly maintained and complete in preparation for independent audits.
Our ideal candidate;
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of General Ledger accounting
- Knowledge of finance modules of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Excel expertise is a must
- Technical accounting skills
- Good analytical and numeracy skills
- Proven experience in identifying financial issues and executing mitigating actions
- The ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills, ensuring strong working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
We invite you to join Linguamatics, an IQVIA company
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
Please send applications with a CV and Cover letter to: