Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics(An IQVIA company) is looking for a talented full-stack developer to build new customer-facing text analytics solutions for the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. This role would be the first member of a new team tasked with adding to our award winning capabilities.
This is a new position, which requires a range of front-end and server-side skills to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the design, development and deployment of new products based around the core Linguamatics I2E platform and its Web Services API. As part of the Solutions team, you’ll also be working closely with development and business teams to create market-driven applications of the I2E software. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to help us deliver next generation search and text analytics solutions.
A typical day might include:
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to create new customer-facing solutions for the life science and healthcare sectors on top of Linguamatics’ core products
- Design and coding of responsive, web-based interactive applications and interfaces in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
Ideally you will have:
- In depth experience of web development using React.js with Redux.
- In depth experience of server-side development using Node.js and Express; experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB would also be beneficial
- Practical experience of RESTful web service APIs
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility and developing for mobile devices
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
- Desire to keep abreast of the latest standards, e.g. W3C, WAI and Web 2.0/3.0 developments
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, delivers market-leading Natural Language Processing-based AI platform for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support from text. We empower our customers to speed up drug development and improve patient outcomes by breaking down data silos, boosting innovation, enhancing quality, and reducing risk and complexity.
Our award-winning NLP (natural language processing) platform is proven across multiple real-world use cases. Linguamatics has been trusted for over 15 years to deliver actionable insights that address your most pressing bench-to-bedside challenges with quantifiable ROI.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply via IQVIA.