Full Stack Developer, Python
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics is looking for a talented full-stack developer to build new internal and customer-facing solutions to support the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. This is a new position, which requires a range of front-end and server side skills to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the design, development and deployment of new products based around the core Linguamatics I2E platform and its Web Services API. As part of the Operations team, you’ll also be working closely with development and business teams to create demand-driven applications that work with the I2E software. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to help us deliver next generation search and text analytics solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to create new internal and customer-facing solutions which integrate with Linguamatics' systems, products and processes supporting the life science and healthcare sectors
- Design and coding of responsive, web-based interactive applications and interfaces in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- In depth experience of server-side development using Python and SQL database technologies
- Practical understanding of web design and application frameworks, especially Django and Django REST Framework.
- Familiarity with RESTful web service APIs
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Understanding of DevOps technologies, e.g. cloud deployment and configuration management on multiple platforms
- Knowledge of installation/management of servers including configuration management tools such as Ansible
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
Linguamatics (www.linguamatics.com) is a young, rapidly growing company with disruptive technology and great people, recently identified as one of “30 to watch” in the information industry. We develop innovative software based on Natural Language Processing. Our I2E text mining platform enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text and is deployed in areas such as bioinformatics, healthcare and business intelligence, and we are leaders in text mining for the pharmaceutical industry.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Apply For This Job
Please click here to apply online via IQVIA