Life Science Specialist
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a strong presence in the life science domain. Thanks to a great core team and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) technology, our I2E software is deployed in a number of industries and is acknowledged as the foremost solution in the pharmaceutical and biotech sector, having already been adopted by most of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies.
We are now looking for a talented PhD, or post graduate with a background in the life sciences and strong programming skills to work on solution-focussed resources that assist customers in applying I2E in their businesses. The post will be in our Research and Resource Development Team based at our Cambridge headquarters.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Build and maintain resources to assist our customers in using I2E, especially in life science applications
- Lead consulting engagements with customers to provide solutions
- Develop text mining strategies for use cases in life sciences
- Help extend and develop domain specific terminologies
- Deliver high-quality solutions on-time
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- PhD or postgraduate qualification with equivalent experience in a biological science
- Strong programming skills with knowledge of a scripting language, preferably Python
- Familiarity with the software life cycle and commercial development
- Academic or commercial experience in biology, genomics, bioinformatics, or related area
- Knowledge of text mining and/or enterprise search and life science information resources, such as PubMed, Entrez, etc.
- Familiarity with structured data and ontologies
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail
- A pro-active attitude with good communication and team-working skills
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
This is a challenging and exciting role in a rapidly growing company. If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to the team and the success of our business, please send your CV with a covering letter by email to:
Linguamatics, 324 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WG, UK