Cambridge , United Kingdom
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, delivers market-leading Natural Language Processing (NLP)-based AI technology for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support from unstructured text. We empower our customers to speed up drug development and improve patient outcomes by breaking down data silos, boosting innovation, enhancing quality, and reducing risk and complexity.
Linguamatics has been trusted for over 15 years to deliver actionable insights that address the most pressing bench-to-bedside challenges.
Working closely with application scientists and the development team, you will ensure that the combination of software and resources satisfies customer requirements. This will include:
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Developing, adapting and evaluating NLP software and domain specific terminologies
- Contributing to consulting projects to develop specific solutions
- Extend and develop domain specific terminologies
- Develop text mining strategies for use cases in life sciences and healthcare
- Creating libraries for extracting relationships from biomedical text
- Deliver high-quality solutions on-time
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- PhD or postgraduate qualification with equivalent experience in a biological science
- Strong programming skills with knowledge of a scripting language, preferably Python
- Familiarity with the software life cycle and commercial development
- Academic or commercial experience in biology, bioinformatics, or related area
- Knowledge of text mining and/or enterprise search and life science information resources, such as PubMed, Entrez, etc.
- Familiarity with structured data and ontologies
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail
- A pro-active attitude with good communication and team-working skills
We will provide:
- Great colleagues with outstanding team spirit
- Interesting, challenging and varied work
- A team that's open to change and continuous improvement
- A company that's growing
- A company that cares about its employees and their careers
- The opportunity to make a difference
Why Join IQVIA?
Those who join IQVIA become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply online via IQVIA