Cambridge , United Kingdom
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, delivers market-leading Natural Language Processing (NLP)-based AI technology for high-value knowledge discovery and decision support from unstructured text. We empower our customers to speed up drug development and improve patient outcomes by breaking down data silos, boosting innovation, enhancing quality, and reducing risk and complexity.
Linguamatics has been trusted for over 15 years to deliver actionable insights that address the most pressing bench-to-bedside challenges.
We are currently seeking a talented postgraduate with experience of natural language processing to work on leading edge text mining products. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining resources for domain specific adaptation of interactive information extraction software based on Natural Language Processing.
The post will be in our Research and Resource Development Team in the UK.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Working closely with application scientists and the development team, you will ensure that the combination of software and resources satisfies customer requirements. This will include:
- Developing, adapting and evaluating NLP software and domain specific terminologies
- Manipulating different document sources
- Creating libraries for extracting relationships from biomedical text
- Contributing to consulting projects to develop specific solutions
- Deliver high-quality solutions on-time
You will be working on life science or healthcare applications, and some knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry would be useful. You will have strong communication skills and be able to work with other staff to get across ideas and issues and to respond to requirements. You must also enjoy working in a fast-moving environment, which requires multi-tasking, flexibility and the ability to work in a small, highly motivated team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Postgraduate qualification in computational linguistics or related discipline, including a good understanding of grammar
- Strong programming skills – familiarity with Python or Java is essential
- Familiarity with the software life cycle and commercial development
- A pro-active attitude with good communication and team-working skills
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail
Additionally, the following attributes would be advantageous:
- Research experience, preferably in a commercial setting
- Background in or experience in Life Science, Healthcare or a related sector
- Experience in using ontologies
Why Join IQVIA?
Those who join IQVIA become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply online via IQVIA