NLP Specialist - Linguamatics
Marlborough, 01752, United States
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Linguamatics is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a strong presence in healthcare and life sciences. Thanks to a great core team and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) technology, our I2E software is deployed in a number of industries and is acknowledged as the foremost solution in the healthcare and life sciences sector.
We are currently seeking a talented post graduate with experience of natural language processing to work on leading edge text mining products. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining resources for domain specific adaptation of interactive information extraction software based on Natural Language Processing.
The post will be in our Research and Resource Development Team in the UK, based at our Cambridge office.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Working closely with application scientists and the development team, you will ensure that the combination of software and resources satisfies customer requirements. This will include:
- Developing, adapting and evaluating NLP software and domain specific terminologies
- Manipulating different document sources
- Creating libraries for extracting relationships from biomedical text
- Contributing to consulting projects to develop specific solutions
- Deliver high-quality solutions on-time
You will be working on life science or healthcare applications, and some knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry would be useful. You will have strong communication skills and be able to work with other staff to get across ideas and issues and to respond to requirements. You must also enjoy working in a fast-moving environment, which requires multi-tasking, flexibility and the ability to work in a small, highly motivated team.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Postgraduate qualification in computational linguistics or related discipline, including a good understanding of grammar
- Strong programming skills – familiarity with Python or Java is essential
- Familiarity with the software life cycle and commercial development
- A pro-active attitude with good communication and team-working skills
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail
- Additionally, the following attributes would be advantageous:
- Research experience, preferably in a commercial setting
- Background in or experience in Life Science, Healthcare or a related sector
- Experience in using ontologies
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Apply For This Job