Platform Operations Engineer
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
This is an opportunity to make a difference in a high growth company with leading edge technology that has a positive impact on people’s lives. At Linguamatics, you’ll be working with sophisticated text mining software products used in the world’s leading life science and healthcare organizations. Our innovative software, based on artificial intelligence and natural language processing, has received several accolades, and Linguamatics has recently been named as one of 100 Companies That Matter in Knowledge Management.
We are now looking for a Platform Operations Engineer in our Cambridge UK headquarters to take a key role in the delivering our cloud-hosted platform infrastructure and supporting our software development environments. This is a varied and demanding hands-on role covering a wide range of DevOps and systems operations functions.
- Deployment & maintenance of Linguamatics’ text mining servers for internal and remote use in the Cloud
- Assistance with design and implementation of system architectures that will scale as processing and storage requirements grow
- Resolution of technical questions and enquiries from customers, partners, and Linguamatics staff
- Implementation of configuration management solutions for all servers using e.g. Ansible
- Assistance with day-to-day running of Development, Staging and Production platforms
- Support and improve operational processes for our development and production systems, e.g. logging, disaster recovery, security
- Interaction with the development team to help guide new product features and bug fixes
- Maintenance of documentation and support resources, such as self-help and ticketing systems
- Participate in on-call rota and out-of-hours cover
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with broad experience of DevOps and IT systems and will have most of the following attributes:
- The desire to become an expert in all technical aspects of Linguamatics products
- Practical experience of DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of Linux platforms and familiarity with other platforms and operating systems, primarily Windows and MacOS
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with customers at all levels
- Strong programming and scripting skills are essential, with an emphasis on Python
- Knowledge of configuration management/orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of networking protocols and security: e.g. firewalls, IDS, naming services, and web-based services
- Experience of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS) and/or Big Data
- Pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good degree or postgraduate qualification in an IT-related subject or equivalent IT certification or commercial experience
- Awareness of infosec standards, and ITIL qualification would be an advantage
- Demonstrable documentation experience
- Willingness to work outside of standard working hours as part of on-call rota.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to complete a disclosure check.
This is a challenging and exciting position in a growing, customer-focused UK company with an established presence in the US and Europe, and an opportunity to work with leading-edge technology and great people. As a Linguamatics employee you’ll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success, please send your CV with a covering letter stating your motivation by email to:
Linguamatics, 324 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WG, UK