Python Software Developer
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics is growing and we are now looking for a talented software developer based in Cambridge, UK to join a brand-new Scrum team. The role would involve developing and maintaining software tools used to manage the data critical to our projects, alongside experienced developers, testers & application specialists. Our technology stack is Python-based and uses several open source tools and libraries.
We offer a flexible and friendly international working environment with a great team spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of a rapidly growing company succeeding on a global scale, Linguamatics may be the place for you.
As part of a new team your responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to support internal projects
- Develop new tools and frameworks along with maintenance of existing internal products
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
- Be a role model for good development practices and new processes within the research team
You will be an enthusiastic, dedicated software developer with a deep understanding of software engineering fundamentals and good practice, a desire to produce high-quality code, and an interest in working on brand new solutions. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference, can determine which problem to take on next and gets stuff done.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A Pythonic mindset with experience delivering collaborative projects in Python
- Comfortable with Mercurial or Git
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodology
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with python test frameworks, writing unit and integration tests.
- A commitment to produce effective, well-documented, reusable code
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative development
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
Linguamatics (www.linguamatics.com) is a young, rapidly growing company with disruptive technology and great people, recently identified as one of “30 to watch” in the information industry. We develop innovative software based on Natural Language Processing. Our I2E text mining platform enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text and is deployed in areas such as bioinformatics, healthcare and business intelligence, and we are leaders in text mining for the pharmaceutical industry.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that if you are successful you will be required to have a disclosure check.
Applications with a CV and covering letter should be sent via email, to:
Heather Stewart, Linguamatics, 324 Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WG, UK
If you have a GitHub or Bitbucket page with personal projects or contributions to open source software, please include a link. We would also be interested in seeing a portfolio containing code which you have written. It can be anything at all, but it should show off just how amazing your code is.