Software Developer/Automation Engineer - Python
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics is growing and we are now looking for a talented software developer based in Cambridge, UK to join a brand-new Scrum team. The role would involve developing and maintaining software tools used to manage the data critical to our projects, alongside experienced developers, testers & application specialists. Our technology stack is Python-based and uses several open source tools and libraries.
We offer a flexible and friendly international working environment with a great team spirit. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package that includes share options and your work will have a clear impact on people’s lives. If you want to experience the buzz of an expanding company succeeding on a global scale, Linguamatics may be the place for you.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, proactive software developer with a strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals and good practice, a desire to produce high-quality code, and an interest in working on brand new solutions. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference, can figure out which problem to tackle next and gets stuff done.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A Pythonic mindset with experience delivering collaborative projects in Python
- Comfortable with Mercurial or Git
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodology
- Full cycle software engineering skills, e.g. OO design, design patterns, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Understanding of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Docker
- A drive to produce effective, well-documented, reusable code
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly and a love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
- Self-motivated, with the ability to bridge multiple technical areas and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
Linguamatics (www.linguamatics.com) is a young, rapidly growing company with disruptive technology and great people, recently identified as one of “30 to watch” in the information industry. We develop innovative software based on Natural Language Processing. Our I2E text mining platform enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text and is deployed in areas such as bioinformatics, healthcare and business intelligence, and we are leaders in text mining for the pharmaceutical industry.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
Applications with a CV and covering letter should be sent via email, to:
Heather Stewart, Linguamatics, 324 Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WG, UK
If you have a GitHub or Bitbucket page with personal projects or contributions to open source software, please include a link. We would also be interested in seeing a portfolio containing code which you have written. It can be anything at all, but it should show off just how amazing your code is.