Software Test Engineer
Cambridge CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, is looking for software test engineers to work on Linguamatics' world-class natural language processing software for life science and healthcare applications.
We are a team of around 15 software testers that has grown rapidly over the last few years as the business has expanded. We primarily test software but we also provide a service to the company generally by doing things like helping our Ops team with a new cloud deployment, supporting our Application Specialists on consulting projects, and proofreading marketing copy.
We strive to provide relevant information to stakeholders and we're flexible about how we do it. We are prepared to use exploratory testing, checklists, test scripts, tools, automation, and whatever else we think will give the result the business needs. We use and we eagerly solicit peer review, we’re open to new ideas, and we perform regular retrospectives to help us improve ourselves and our work.
Linguamatics is active in the local testing community, regularly hosting meetups and Lean Coffee. Testers on our team often attend those events, testing workshops and conferences. We also have regular internal training in testing and other skills.
Our company respects what we do, and we’re a core part of our company’s work and culture. Testers are often to be seen at brown bag lunches, entering the weekly caption contest, or writing for the company newsletter, Indefinite Articles.
If you get the job you will be expected to
- Take responsibility for your work
- Apply intelligence and judgement at all times
- Be able to justify your position and be prepared to discuss alternatives
- Look for ways to improve yourself, your work, the team and the company
You will have most or all of the following attributes
- Software testing experience
- Great communication skills, written and spoken
- Analytical skills
- A questioning mind
- High intelligence
- Flexibility, adaptability
- Creative thinking
- Strong initiative
- Desire to self-learn
- Desire to share
It'd be good if you had background in or knowledge of some of these
- Life sciences, healthcare, chemistry, biology
- Natural language processing
- Foreign languages
- Performance testing
- Test automation
- Agile development
- Exploratory testing
- Web services, applications (e.g. REST, HTTP, Fiddler)
And what you'll get from us is
- Great colleagues with outstanding team spirit
- Interesting, challenging and varied work
- A license to test the way that best suits the task at hand
- A team that's open to change and continuous improvement
- A company that's growing fast
- A company that cares about its employees and their careers
- The opportunity to make a difference
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply online via IQVIA