Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, is a leading provider of text mining solutions with a current emphasis on high value life science, chemistry and biomedical applications. Thanks to a great team, and innovative use of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) based technology, our software is acknowledged as a leading solution in the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries and has been adopted by most of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies, leading healthcare providers and US government organisations such as the FDA.
We are looking for a Technical Author to join our small documentation team in Cambridge.
About the job
If you join us you will be kept busy in a varied role involving updating our user manual, developer guides, and release docs. Working predominantly on our core product, I2E, you will:
- Collaborate with the development and testing teams to document new features.
- Gather data from our domain specialists about tasks that can be accomplished with it.
- Apply your strong technical and authorial skills to synthesize the material you have collected into a concise, coherent, and consumable whole.
You will also work with other product and project teams in a variety of roles. For example, you may design a documentation structure for others to fill in; you might review, edit and advise on documentation written largely by developers; or you might contribute to style guides, standards and conventions for material that will go onto platforms such as our customer portal, knowledge base, or developer forum.
If you get the job, we’ll expect you to:
- Take ownership of your work.
- Apply intelligence and judgement at all times.
- Be able to justify your position and be prepared to discuss alternatives.
- Pay attention to detail and the big picture.
- Look for ways to improve yourself, your work, the team, and the company.
You enjoy learning and can write appropriately for an international audience that includes scientists, librarians, informaticians, systems administrators, and, increasingly, systems integrators and application developers.
We are not looking for any specific tool-set experience but expect you to be able to be adaptable and to learn enough of a new tool to get the job done. We think that a great writer writes well, with their audience in mind at all times.
- Experience in technical writing in a software development environment.
- Great all-round communication skills, whatever the audience.
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly and accurately.
- Desire to connect the reader’s view of the world to ours.
- A questioning mind and analytical skills.
- Organisation, flexibility and adaptability.
- Pragmatism and initiative.
- A desire to self-learn and to share.
You may also have knowledge of, and experience in, some of these areas:
- Documentation of APIs
- Scripting in languages such as Python, Perl, or Bash
- Version control such as Mercurial or Git
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Life Sciences
- Cross-functional teams
- Agile teams
We will provide:
- Great colleagues with outstanding team spirit
- Interesting, challenging and varied work
- A team that's open to change and continuous improvement
- A company that's growing
- A company that cares about its employees and their careers
- The opportunity to make a difference
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. In RWS, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply online via the IQVIA platform