Test Engineer in Healthcare
Marlborough, 01752, United States
Test Engineer in Healthcare
The Test team at Linguamatics is looking for someone with experience in the healthcare industry to join us in our work testing Linguamatics' world-class natural language processing software for life science and healthcare applications, and the resources that we develop alongside it. In particular, we want someone who is practised in reading and interpreting medical records, has dealt with protected health information, and is familiar with the world of payers and providers.
Are you that person? You might be in a medical position at the moment with a passion for working with technology; you might be a researcher looking to change your career focus to developing tools to assist researchers; you might be a seasoned tester with experience in this specialised domain; or you might be something else completely. We're open to anyone with the right skills, knowledge, and attitude.
This position is based in Marlborough, MA, and will be our first tester working outside of the UK office. This won’t mean unsupported or outside of the Test team, and project work will be with colleagues based in both the UK and the US. It’s an exciting opportunity for someone to break new ground with us, and help us to support product development on both of our sites.
In the Test team we strive to provide relevant information to stakeholders and we're flexible about how we do it. We are prepared to use the scientific method, statistics, exploratory testing, checklists, test scripts, tools, automation, and whatever else we think will give the result the business needs. We use and we eagerly solicit peer review, we’re open to new ideas, and we perform regular retrospectives to help us improve ourselves and our work.
Our testers often attend testing events (sometimes hosted by Linguamatics), workshops and conferences. We also have regular in-house training in testing and other skills. Our company respects what we do, and we’re a core part its work and culture. Testers are often to be seen at brown bag lunches, sharing information with our colleagues at their group’s meetings, or writing for the company newsletter, Indefinite Articles.
If you get the job you will be expected to
- take responsibility for your work
- apply intelligence and judgement at all times
- be able to justify your position and be prepared to discuss alternatives
- look for ways to improve yourself, your work, the team and the company
You must have one or more of the following
- experience in a working healthcare environment
- experience of working with medical records
- good general knowledge of the healthcare domain as a whole
You will have most of the following attributes
- good understanding of the constraints imposed by PHI regulations
- reasonable knowledge of life sciences, bioinformatics, or genomics
- familiarity with ontologies and data sources such as PubMed, ClinicalTrials.gov, …
- a demonstrable interest in software development or technology
- great communication skills, both written and spoken
- experience with the scientific method
- analytical skills and a questioning mind
- high intelligence and creative thinking
- adaptability and pragmatism
- desire to self-learn and share
- strong initiative
It'd be good if you had background in or knowledge of some of these
- natural language processing
- text mining
- data analysis and presentation
- software testing
- software development
- technical or customer support
- programming or scripting experience
And what you'll get from us is
- great colleagues with outstanding team spirit
- interesting, challenging and varied work
- encouragement to test the way that best suits the task at hand
- a team that's open to change and continuous improvement
- a company that's growing fast
- a company that cares about its employees and their careers
- the opportunity to make a difference
All applicants must have the right to work in the US. We regret that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship or remote working for this position.
This is a challenging and exciting position in a rapidly growing company with headquarters in the UK and an expanding presence in the US. If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to the success of our business, please send your CV with a covering letter by email to:
Lisa Grzesiak, Linguamatics (www.linguamatics.com)