Test Engineers and Senior Test Engineers
Cambridge, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
Linguamatics is looking for software test engineers to work on Linguamatics' world-class natural language processing software for life science and healthcare applications.
We are a team of around 15 software testers that has grown rapidly over the last few years as the business has expanded. We primarily test software but we also provide a service to the company generally by doing things like helping our Ops team with a new cloud deployment, supporting our Application Specialists on consulting projects, and proofreading marketing copy.
We strive to provide relevant information to stakeholders and we're flexible about how we do it. We are prepared to use exploratory testing, checklists, test scripts, tools, automation, and whatever else we think will give the result the business needs. We use and we eagerly solicit peer review, we’re open to new ideas, and we perform regular retrospectives to help us improve ourselves and our work.
Linguamatics is active in the local testing community, regularly hosting meetups and Lean Coffee. Testers on our team often attend those events, testing workshops and conferences. We also have regular internal training in testing and other skills.
Our company respects what we do, and we’re a core part of our company’s work and culture. Testers are often to be seen at brown bag lunches, entering the weekly caption contest, or writing for the company newsletter, Indefinite Articles.
If you get the job you will be expected to
- take responsibility for your work
- apply intelligence and judgement at all times
- be able to justify your position and be prepared to discuss alternatives
- look for ways to improve yourself, your work, the team and the company
You will have most or all of the following attributes
- software testing experience
- great communication skills, written and spoken
- analytical skills
- a questioning mind
- high intelligence
- flexibility, adaptability
- creative thinking
- strong initiative
- desire to self-learn
- desire to share
It'd be good if you had background in or knowledge of some of these
- life sciences, healthcare, chemistry, biology
- natural language processing
- foreign languages
- performance testing
- test automation
- agile development
- exploratory testing
- web services, applications (e.g. REST, HTTP, Fiddler)
And what you'll get from us is
- great colleagues with outstanding team spirit
- interesting, challenging and varied work
- a license to test the way that best suits the task at hand
- a team that's open to change and continuous improvement
- a company that's growing fast
- a company that cares about its employees and their careers
- the opportunity to make a difference
Please note that this role is solely office based in Cambridge, UK. We are unable to accept applications for remote working.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
This is a challenging and exciting position in a rapidly growing company with headquarters in the UK and an expanding presence in the US. If you think you have the right skills and experience, and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to the success of our business, please send your CV with a covering letter by email to:
Heather Stewart, Linguamatics (www.linguamatics.com)