Text Mining Analyst
CAMBRIDGE, CB4 0WG, United Kingdom
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, is looking for a Text Mining Analyst to join our growing customer support operation, covering the US and Europe. This new position is broadly based, with responsibilities ranging from assisting customers in resolution of technical and application issues to producing content for our user community website.
This role is the ideal opportunity to make your mark in a high growth company providing innovative semantic search and text analytics software to the world’s leading life science and healthcare organizations. The successful applicant will be in direct contact with customers from these organizations, to provide support in their use of Linguamatics' products to get valuable information out of unstructured data.
You will be successful in the role if you have:
- Knowledge of life science, bioinformatics, and/or clinical data analysis
- Confidence doing text and string manipulation, regular expressions and coding in Python
- Experience developing ETL data processing pipelines
- Understanding of data structures such as XML, JSON, YAML, CSV and TSV
- Good working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- An innate curiosity and willingness to learn new concepts
- A pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
- A natural predisposition to help others solve problems
- Attention to detail and the drive to get things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Documentation skills (e.g. writing blog posts and technical process documentation)
Responsibilities will include:
- Learning how to install, use and automate our products to an expert level
- Assisting customers in the development and optimization of text mining queries in Linguamatics' text mining tool, I2E and data ingestion pipelines.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting application and technical problems
- Development of data processing pipelines in Python using SDKs and RESTful APIs
- Running, monitoring and troubleshooting scheduled data processing pipelines
- Assisting customers, partners, and Linguamatics staff to get the most out of our software
- Working with development teams to report bugs and create bug fixes
- Writing technical support resources such as self-help and knowledge base articles
- Contributing to future product development, particularly with knowledge learnt from customer interactions
The role of Text Mining Analyst is a challenging and exciting opportunity in a growing, customer-focused UK company with an established presence in the US and Europe. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, world-leading customers, and great people.
As a Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, employee you’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. If you think you have the right skills and experience and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success, please send your resume and a covering letter.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply for this job
Please click here to apply online via IQVIA