Text Mining Analyst (Life Science Software)
Marlborough, 01752, United States
Linguamatics is looking for a Text Mining Analyst to join our growing customer support operation, covering the US and Europe. This new position is broadly based, with responsibilities ranging from assisting customers in resolution of technical and application issues to producing content for our user community website.
This role is the ideal opportunity to make your mark in a high growth company providing innovative semantic search and text analytics software to the world’s leading life science and healthcare organizations. The successful applicant will be in direct contact with customers from these organizations, to provide support in their use of Linguamatics' products to get valuable information out of unstructured data.
You will be successful in the role if you have:
- A passion for helping customers to succeed with our products
- Knowledge of life science, bioinformatics, and/or clinical data analysis
- An understanding of text and string manipulation, regular expressions and coding in languages such as Python or Perl
- Understanding of data structures such as XML, JSON, YAML, CSV and TSV
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- An innate curiosity and willingness to learn new concepts
- A pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
- A natural predisposition to help others solve problems
- Attention to detail and the drive to get things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Documentation skills (e.g. writing blog posts and technical process documentation)
Responsibilities will include:
- Learning how to install and use our products to an expert level
- Assisting customers in the development and optimization of text mining queries in Linguamatics’ text mining tool, I2E
- Analyzing and troubleshooting application and technical problems
- Occasionally producing scripts to solve customers’ problems
- Assisting customers, partners, and Linguamatics staff to get the most out of our software
- Working with development teams to report bugs and create bug fixes
- Writing technical support resources such as self-help and knowledge base articles
- Contributing to future product development, particularly with knowledge learnt from customer interactions
- Participation in on-call rota ensuring continuous service to customers in Europe and US.
The role of Text Mining Analyst is a challenging and exciting opportunity in a growing, customer-focused UK company with an established presence in the US and Europe. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, world-leading customers, and great people.
As a Linguamatics employee you’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. If you think you have the right skills and experience and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success, please send your resume and a covering letter to:
Lisa Grzesiak: email@example.com
All applicants must have the right to work in the US. We regret that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship or remote working for this position.