Text Mining Data Engineer
Marlborough, 01752, United States
Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, is looking for a Text Mining Data Engineer to join our growing customer support operation, covering the US and Europe. This new position is broadly based, with responsibilities ranging from assisting customers in resolution of technical and application issues to developing production pipelines for our customers.
This role is the ideal opportunity to make your mark in a high growth company providing innovative semantic search and text analytics software to the world’s leading life science and healthcare organizations. The successful applicant will be in direct contact with customers from these organizations, to provide support in their use of Linguamatics' products to get valuable information out of unstructured data.
You will be successful in the role if you have:
- Knowledge of life science, bioinformatics, and/or clinical data analysis
- Confidence doing text and string manipulation, regular expressions
- Strong production-level Python experience
- Experience developing ETL data processing pipelines
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of data structures such as XML, JSON, YAML, CSV and TSV
- Good working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Solid understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good documentation skills (e.g. writing blog posts and technical process documentation)
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of data processing pipelines in Python using SDKs and RESTful APIs
- Create, maintain, and improve data ingestion and processing pipeline architecture
- Managing databases
- Work with data pipelines that process large data sets
- Integrate data from multiple disparate systems using APIs, Webhooks, JSON, REST, SFTP, etc.
- Learning how to install, use and automate our products to an expert level
- Assisting customers in the development and optimization of text mining queries in Linguamatics' text mining tool, I2E and data ingestion pipelines.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting application and technical problems
- Running, monitoring and troubleshooting scheduled data processing pipelines
- Assisting customers, partners, and Linguamatics staff to get the most out of our software
- Working with development teams to report bugs and create bug fixes
- Writing technical support resources such as self-help and knowledge base articles
- Contributing to future product development, particularly with knowledge learnt from customer interactions
The role of Text Mining Data Engineer is a challenging and exciting opportunity in a growing, customer-focused UK company with an established presence in the US and Europe. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, world-leading customers, and great people.
As a Linguamatics, an IQVIA company, employee you’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. If you think you have the right skills and experience and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success, we'de love to hear from you.
Apply For This Job
Please click here to apply online via IQVIA or here to apply via LinkedIn