Asynchronous Messaging Pipeline (AMP) – real-time document processing and workflows
Manage real-time processing of healthcare and life science documents to support information extraction, document annotation and complex alerting workflows.
As the need for extracting insights from textual documents at enterprise scale grows, Natural Language Processing (NLP) must plug into Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) in a robust and scalable way.
AMP is a Linguamatics component that provides workflow management for high-throughput, fault tolerant, real-time document or record processing. AMP workflows leverage the powerful yet flexible capabilities found in I2E and have full access to all of the NLP technologies in the platform.
AMP supports systems that require a high level of availability and supports resource scale-out for large data loads and high throughput. AMP is an enabler that allows I2E to plug into SOA environments and other complex programmatic processes by allocating management of query and indexing tasks across multiple I2E servers and CPUs. AMP conforms to a micro services architecture environment by providing hooks for independent pre-processing of data, post-processing of results and final workflow completion steps.
You may also like to read our blog on how AMP is transforming healthcare by Dr Elizabeth Marshall, MD and Director, Clinical Analytics at Linguamatics.
- Integration via a rich RESTful API or directory monitoring;
- Integration in Service Oriented Architectures;
- Configurable workflows for multiple source document types;
- Output of highlighted or annotated document, extracted facts, or RDF triples.
AMP supports the following real-time application areas:
- Population scale screening for early signs of cancer, e.g. pulmonary nodules
- Clinical document improvement to extract patient profiles, including behavioral and social factors
- Semantic enrichment workflows to extract key concepts from journal papers and patents
- Fault tolerant, real-time document or electronic record processing
- Real-time scalability, both vertical and horizontal;
- Data security;
- Flexible pre- and post-processing stages.