Please join Linguamatics and Georgetown University School of Medicine’s Dahlgren Memorial Library for a complimentary seminar on Wednesday June 28, 2017 from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
The most up to date copy of the agenda can be downloaded here
Thought leaders from the healthcare and life science industry will discuss how NLP (natural language processing) and text mining can be used. Current use cases include: improved patient outcomes, evidence for quality and compliance measures and accelerated discovery using real world evidence. Speakers include:
- Glen Abastillas, NLP Query Specialist, Information Management Services, Inc (NCI/NIH) (Topic: Data Quality Audit for Melanoma Tumor Depth Using Rule Based Text Mining)
- Keith Burkhart MD, FACMT, Senior Advisor for Medical Toxicology, U.S. FDA (Topic: Example Text Mining Use Cases at the FDA)
- Jose Galvez, MD, Chief Biomedical Translational Research Information Systems, NIH Clinical Center (Topic: The Use of NLP to extract data from the Medical Record)
- Leslie Lenert, MD, MS, Chief Research Information Officer, Medical University of South Carolina (Topic: Using NLP to Inform Measures of Healthcare Quality)
- Ross D. Martin, MD, MHA, Program Director, Research and Transformation, CRISP (Topic: Opportunities for Applying NLP in the Health Information Exchange Environment)
- Nina Mian, Head of Biomedical Informatics, Advanced Analytics Centre, AstraZeneca (Topic: Text Mining at AstraZeneca: Comparing Real World Evidence to Clinical Trial Events)
- Charles Strong, Director of Federal Business Development, Dow Jones (Topic: Real World Evidence Mining)
All sessions will be held at the Harvey Amphitheater in Georgetown University School of Medicine's Medical Dental Building.
Registration is free, but sign up is required. Space is limited - secure your spot now!