One of a series of interactive, online workshops to help you get the most out of I2E, give you the opportunity to "ask the expert" and cover some detailed hints and tips.
Presenters: Andrew Hinton, Application Specialist, Linguamatics
Dates/Time: Tuesday, September 29th 2015 3pm BST, 4pm CET, 7am PDT, 10am EDT
Duration: 30 minutes including Q&A
Please contact email@example.com if you would like a recording of the webinar
Natural language processing can be used on full text patent claims/grants to extract the relevant facts and documents to your patent search with both Linguamatics hosted data (Linguamatics I2E Patent Solution via OnDemand) as well as other 3rd party data sources. This query workshop will be led by a member of the Linguamatics team with significant experience in text mining patent data sources and will demonstrate some relevant I2E features and querying examples.
Participants will also have the opportunity to submit specific questions in advance and these will be addressed during the interactive session – so nothing confidential please!
Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the week before the workshop, to allow time for our experts to prepare and provide answers to questions that you submit.
During the online workshop you will learn how to tackle questions such as:
- Patent families: How do I find all related documents for any given patent?
- Numerics & Chemistry: What’s the easiest way to find numerical information associated with a chemical in a patent?
- Classification: What’s the best way to search using classification codes in I2E Patents OnDemand?
- Search vocabularies: Help me with best practice to incorporate my own terminologies into patent search?
Who should attend?
This webinar provides guidance on using I2E with patents and MEDLINE documents for those in pharma, biotech and related industries, working in the following areas:
- Patent professionals, informaticians, information professionals, researchers, managers with responsibility for:
- Competitive Intelligence
- Intellectual Property
It is assumed that you will be an active user of I2E yourself, either during an evaluation or as an ongoing Linguamatics customer.